20.3.13

Mostly PAIN

If I hadn’t already become addicted to Landscape, learning about planning law - and all the bureaucratic hoops and barriers and fucking massive walls that must be tackled in order to create something - would have caused me to desert the profession forever, leaving it for braver souls than I. But I’m stuck here now so all I can do is amuse myself with ridiculous planning opposition acronyms and try not to let my spirit be crushed sometime in the future by a pompous wanker in a village hall that hates everything.

P lanning is
A cronyms and
diotic
N onsense


NIMBY - Not In My Back Yard

BANANA - Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anything

FRUIT - Fear of Revitalisation, Urban-infill and Towers

SOBBY - Some Other Bugger’s Back Yard

All of these have one thing in common; the mentality behind them is to put whatever development is being proposed elsewhere… THERE IS NO ELSEWHERE! The proposal will be moved from place to place across the country until it falls in to the sea and causes opposition to PITS (Proposals In The Sea).

I’m going to have to stop typing now; I need a nice cup of tea to wash away the PAIN.

- Originally posted to untroddenview.tumblr.com on 6/12/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment